Neretva valley - a green emerald in a blue sea. We invite you to feel the difference and sail your way into Croatian's only delta and experience a special sense of sailing along the Neretva River, the largest and longest Croatian river of the Adriatic Basin. Metković is destination for fans of nature, archeology and gastronomy, a unique destination that relieves you of stress, offers you the peace of the green delta and the mystic of ancient times. Metkovic is a city with all the city amenities, which is favorable for purchasing and supplying for boaters. Luka Metkovic is the closest port to Međugorje (30 km) and Mostar (45 km), the ideal choice for trips to these destinations.
We particularly highlight:
- Archaeological Museum “Narona”, the only in situ museum in Croatia
- Natural history museum “Metković”. It is one of the largest of its kind in Europe
- Cave Predolac. Meet single Dinaric cave shellfish Congeria a living fossil
- Boat trips on the traditional boats called lađa down the rivulets and backwaters of the Neretva delta
- Unique cuisine with the famous Neretva brudet (Frog and eel stew with polenta)